We are looking for a talented news editor interested in technology, business, startups and venture capital to join us at Tech.eu, Europe’s premier tech industry information portal and market intelligence platform.
Your daily tasks will include navigating the European startup, scale-up and VC/PE funding landscape, researching and writing/publishing news stories. In addition to that, you will be able to attend relevant tech events and build connections across the European technology ecosystem.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate who is ambitious and motivated to progress as there is the clear potential to extend the responsibilities and the role both inside Tech.eu and at events.
What we are looking for from you:
- Good understanding of the tech ecosystem in Europe and globally
- Decent writing and editing skills and the ability to work based on tight deadlines
- Self-discipline and the ability to work productively both alone and in the team
- Native or near-native level of English
- A strong motivation to grow and develop and take on more responsibility
- An interest in data and extracting insights from data would be an advantage
What you will do:
- Research, write, and publish data-driven news and feature stories
- Work with WordPress and our newsletter platforms to produce site content and help publish our weekly newsletter
- Publish content through our social media channels
- Transcribe, edit, and publish interviews
- Assist in the everyday operations of Tech.eu
- An exciting role to be part of the core team at a leading digital technology publication where you can see your work published on a daily basis
- A competitive salary and flexible working hours
- The opportunity to develop your writing and reporting skills through training and mentoring with our experienced team
- The opportunity for the right candidate to progress quickly and take on more responsibility
- Flexible working location
- Event and travel possibilities
Tech.eu is the premier online publication dedicated to the growing European technology ecosystem(s), delivering a range of editorial products with a clear focus on curated news, actionable information and educational interviews with movers and shakers from across Europe, combined with insightful market intelligence reports based on our proprietary database, events, a jobs platform and a variety of other services.
We started Tech.eu in 2013 with a diverse team based across Europe, and are passionate as ever about covering the ins and outs of the ever-evolving European technology landscape. In October 2021, we were acquired by Webrazzi, a media, research and events company based in Turkey, and we are keen to expand our team and accelerate our growth.
Do you meet (most of the) requirements outlined above, and would you jump at the opportunity at working with Tech.eu on a wide variety of projects? Apply now and let’s have a chat!
Please send a friendly email to email@example.com with your CV attached to it, and let’s start a conversation.