Position: Senior Buyer – EMEA Packaging
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
This position is based in Haddenham (UK) reporting to the EMEA Purchasing Manager based in Haddenham.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of procurement strategies for the corrugated and cartridge EMEA categories to deliver value and ensure supply through creation and execution of a risk management strategies
- Identify and deliver Continuous Cost Improvement opportunities for these categories
- Collaborating cross functionally to participate in optimisation projects in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
- Use reporting tools and communicate regularly on the progress of projects to ensure successful execution of agreed procurement strategies
- Manage supplier performance against agreed objectives, putting in place corrective actions where necessary.
- Support innovation and business development through successful new product development delivery
- Support the UK business as local key contact for all EMEA buyers in the respective category team for Flavor solution business unit.
- Lead selected projects for the corrugated packaging.
- Deputise for the Purchasing Manager in certain meetings/programs where necessary
- Fluent in English with the capacity to negotiate in English. Additional languages French, Italian, Polish would be an advantage
- Graduate with a strong academic background, ideally with a Masters or MBA and ideally with Business, Engineering or Technical specialisation
- Experience of at least 5 years in a procurement position, preferably in direct procurement categories for an Industrial company
- Evidence of maturity, collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills, influencing ability.
- Strategic vision, capable of effectively translating it into realistic projects.
- Works with the customer in mind and manages stakeholders’ expectations appropriately
- Efficient, results and reporting orientated.
- Confident and change orientated, and comfortable within a matrix management structure in a multinational environment
- Highly competent in the use of Excel, Power Point and SAP
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone’s contributions and do what’s right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° …).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.