Rubies is the world’s largest costume manufacturer and boasts a prestigious portfolio of major licences including Disney, Marvel, Warner Brothers, Zag, Mattel, Lucas film and Universal, as well as a wide range of generic lines. Rubies is looking to recruit a Senior Brand Manager to join the Brand Team UK/EMEA Department in this rapidly growing business.
Based at the company’s Bristol office, the role reports into the Head of Brand & Marketing EMEA. It is office based with opportunities for international travel.
Within the Brand Team, ensure all areas of the product ranges for the UK, EMEA and Australia are created effectively. Lead the team towards delivering and measuring sales performance of brands at retail. Work alongside the Marketing Manager to ensure all elements of the marketing plan support these certain products or licenses. Support the design, marketing and licensing teams across all areas, in conjunction with brands, and work with the EMEA and UK sales teams to help analyse sales.
Reports to: Head of Brand & Marketing EMEA
The candidate must be organised, articulate, numerate and be an experienced team leader. Ideally the candidate should bring some experience of manufacturing and product development to the role.
New Product Development
- Ensure Brand Managers plan and deliver product development, from concept to in-store, across a number of ranges, working closely with our design team.
- Work closely with the US team on product development and sharing information.
- Work with the Rubies Sales team and licensors to deliver a new line plan every year on key brands.
- Ensure new processes and ways of working are created collaboratively across the business to build an effective brand function.
- Build relationships with licensors and EMEA sister companies to ensure communication flow is consistent.
- Work closely with FE operations to ensure production is on time.
- Work alongside the US costing team to make sure product delivers required margin.
- Follow through critical path with all individual products and ranges.
Marketing, Media and Communication
- Work closely with the marketing department on all event functions that affect brands.
- Attend licensor summits / planning / NPD / sales & marketing / business review meetings.
- Attend trade shows as and when required.
- Other tasks as and when required and as directed by manager.
- Mentor team to create a culture of excellence and best in class.
- Work in line with the businesses’ vision and values.
- Work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to changing demands.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the work undertaken.
- Maintain a positive demeanour that supports a happy working environment, and remain flexible and professional at all times.
- Treat other staff as one expects to be treated oneself.
- Be a good ambassador for the organisation in any external dealings.
- Undertake continuing professional development (CPD) with support from your manager to further enhance your skill base.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by your manager, senior manager or managing director.
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Based on experience
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Senior Brand Manager’. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
It is the nature of work of Rubies Masquerade that tasks and responsibilities may be unpredictable and varied. All staff are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises, and where tasks not specifically covered in the job description have to be undertaken.
This job description may be reviewed in the light of changing organisational and service needs.