Dependent on area of responsibility:
- Full function of Debtors – Invoicing, Credit notes, Statements, Receipting, Applications
- Debtors collections
- Ensuring Policies for Billings are enforced
- Credit limits – control, review, applications, monitoring
- Obtaining and ensuring prior to a new loading of a client that the sufficient and relevant credit checks have been completed and that the policy on new clients has been adhered to.
- Exception reporting to FD & COO on any client’s credit limits that are not granted, and if expected spend is greater than credit limit acquired.
- Exception reporting to FD& COO if client exceeds credit limits already in place and if defaulting on payments.
- Review of credit limits monthly to ensure levels are still adequate based on up to date information on a client by client basis.
- Setting up and loading of customers on Navision for accurate billing purposes
- Ensuring the policy of the PO/CI system as confirmation of booking by client is being adhered to at time of billing. (No PO, No Booking by buyers to be enforced by buyers. Signed schedules to be obtained)
- Performing the invoicing to clients (including checking that PO’s/CI’s have been inserted into external document info where necessary). Ensuring the PO/CI is in agreement with the invoice details. Accuracy.
- Collection of monies from clients together with Business Unit Heads, Financial Managers and Managing Directors
- Dealing with queries from clients
- Dealing with agencies iro commission reports
- Accurate application of payments based on client remittances
- Compliance with SARS regulations in terms of VAT.
- Agreeing debtors ageing reports monthly to the Debtors Control Accounts in the General Ledgers of the relevant agencies.
- Prompt delivery/mailing of all necessary documents (statements, Invoices, credit notes, tear sheets etc.) to clients to avoid payment delays.
- Review of debtors age analysis to ensure accuracy
- Review of revenue streams from invoicing to ensure accuracy and integrity of revenue information being disclosed correctly
- Exception reporting to FD on any unusual or concerning issues that are identified or that take place
- Excellent knowledge of Navision financials and media system
- Sound Knowledge of Excel
- Media Industry background (beneficial)
- Credit risk management background
- Basic Accounting skills and experience
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and Diligence
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Navision – both at a finance level and at a media level
- Knowledge of banking modules
- Credit risk management skills
- Communication skills – dealing with clients and other departments
- Person must display huge amounts of attention to detail
- Perseverance in resolving any queries
- Accuracy and diligence
- Person must be thorough and meticulous
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure
- The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
- Acting with freedom
- &Deciding with speed
- Keeping it simple
- Being constantly curious
- Taking risks to succeed
- Passionate about thought leadership
- Going the extra mile
- Not afraid to make decisions
- Rapid and ruthless focus
- Taking ownership of work/ decisions
- Being good citizens
- Being transparent
- Collaborating across the network
- Sharing success models
- Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
Posted on 20 May 08:55, Closing date 19 Jul