Reuters is looking for an experienced financial journalist to help drive our coverage of financial markets and its investors in Europe at a key juncture for the economic outlook and central bank policy. The successful candidate will join a high-performing team, delivering breaking news as well as agenda-setting deep-dive analyses and investigations.
As our EMEA markets correspondent, you will:
- Write with a cross-asset perspective on the big themes of the day to produce exclusive stories and a steady flow of analytical pieces
- Spot and unpack the newest developments, with a particular focus on equity markets. This might include explaining what is behind unusual price moves, tracking trends in key volatility gauges to spotting shifts in popular strategies such as 60/40 portfolio investing
- Get inside the biggest and most influential funds that invest in the cross-asset space, uncover what is driving their performance and the people behind it
- Build sources across the equity and cross-asset universe, including funds, traders, investors to break news and keep us ahead of the competition
- Be able to step back and write the bigger picture for a broad audience, using graphics, photos and video
To be our EMEA markets correspondent, you will likely have:
- An insatiable curiosity and proven track record of generating high-impact scoops
- A deep understanding of financial markets, especially equity markets, and the investment industry
- Preferably an existing pool of senior sources in the equity and cross asset space
- A strong work ethic and team spirit to ensure we deliver fast and insightful coverage, working closely with colleagues across the newsroom
- Excellent written English; another European language is an advantage
What is in it for you?
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning and development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the worlds most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time