Cloud computing technology acts as the cornerstone to digital transformation. While companies are rapidly moving to a technological circumstance to drive efficiency, agility, and connectivity, their way of sharing information also changes. Owing to its increasing necessity, cloud computing is almost becoming a buzzword in the tech sphere. Unlike native models, cloud computing paves the way for organizations to store and access data and programs over the internet instead of in the computer’s hard drive itself. Besides, cloud computing also offers companies, convenient models, to access infrastructure, platform, and software offerings on a pay-as-you-go basis.
There are three major types of cloud computing models that are constantly deployed by business organizations. They are private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid cloud. A private cloud is an infrastructure owned by a single entity or that comes under an organization. The public cloud represents services and infrastructure that are shared by many or all organizations. On the other hand, hybrid cloud computing combines both public and private clouds to share data and information across a variety of domains.
Top trends in cloud computing
- As business models are quickly moving to cloud computing, the need for real-time data analysis and decision-making is taking its place. Therefore, there is an emergence of an edge in cloud computing, which could streamline innovation and enhance connectivity.
- With the promise to emerge as a portable and scalable platform, the serverless cloud made it into the top five fastest-growing PaaS offerings for 2021 and beyond.
- Many companies across the globe are planning to make remote working a permanent mode. Owing to the increasing popularity of work from home, virtual cloud desktops come out as a handy solution to address remote challenges.
- While artificial intelligence was seen as a common cloud computing trend, 2021 unravels a combination of AI and machine learning. AI enhances business operations, functioning, and efficiency, and on the other hand, machine learning helps data centers learn from experience to work more effectively.
- Although old, cloud-based application development is gaining momentum in 2021. Because of the pandemic and increasing expenses in the physical environment, app development is increasingly moving to the cloud.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author